Dear Nii and Naana,

It's with remorse I write to you this letter as your father. You don't exist and I cannot blame you neither do I accept blame but for just a little carelessness. It was the wish of your mum and I to have two lovely kids; a boy and a girl. During our time as young people, we fell in love and we had great plans for the future as a family for which you were a major part. Call it fantasy family and that's how most young lovers in my time did at least with the assurance of getting married in future.

Of course, our story has not been any different, anything we did, thought of, and dreamed of was centered around you two. You were just adorable and that held us together as lovers. I impregnated your mum with thoughts of you and within days she conceived. There were moments we visited the malls and market places to get a few stuff for you and there were those sweet moments conversations went like, "How are the kids doing?"..............Silly right? That's how foolish I was into believing in that.

Sweethearts, as it's with every couple, there are up and down moments when every couple fight. The love life is not so rosy like Kumkum Bhagya and Rosalinda and their likes have made us believe. It's like the rocky surface of Mount Kilimanjaro or not to go far, the winds and curves of the Aburi - Koforidua road. We had a few challenges and we did our best to resolve them before you were born cos we wanted you to enjoy a happy family without feeling the Mahamaic effect.














For reasons unknown to me, which I still see no logic in the explanations I've heard, mummy decides to abort you cos she had found love somewhere else. She aborted you just like that. She threw my heart to the wolves and shattered my love life. I think of it and my heart aches. I became a laughing stock among my pals and all I could say was, "I asked her to" but deep-down my heart, I had no idea of what was going on. That's what happens when you love without your head.

Nii, this is an advice to you, when you see a lady you love, and your mind doesn't seem to synchronise with your heart, know you're being foolish. Love with your heart and your mind. If she zones you as a brother, as you want to know her more, tell her to her face rather than living in a fantasy family. If only I'd known this, I wouldn't have been writing you this letter.

Naana, this is also to you, just as I've told Nii, apply it to yourself also. Sweetheart, I want to tell you this from a man's point of view. Never take a man's love for granted. If you ain't sure of your love for him, never lead him on no matter how much he loves you and makes you feel all right. The effect, so many ladies would be hurt cos you turned him into a player, a heartless person who feels he's got to revenge. Not all men are the same but don't also give your body out cos of love. It's one thing your mum never liked.

I may have been hurt by mum's dejection, your abortion and all that but I thank for such an experience, it made my life faster than Vodafone X bundles and I'm now better than before. The good thing is, I've found love and I'm using these lessons to guide my heart. I'll tell you more about my new love in my next letter to you guys. I still think about you and I want you back. I'll talk to my new found love and if things do work out well, we are sure to bring you to life.

Enjoy your stay up there in my mind.

NB: Mummy has even forgotten you once existed.

Regards,
Daddy

Post a Comment

What is your view on this post?

Previous Post Next Post