I waited patiently
For him to come
Back with the lamp
That'd shed some light
On this dark convention
Don't get me wrong
It was once daylight here. 
But he turned
Off the lights
I still don't know
How the sun's bulb
Could burn out

I have lost my patience
Waiting here
For 'inilluminant's' illumination
The darkness is
Extremely choking

So why do I
Stop halfway
Through the door?
Is it because
He called?
Because the room
Suddenly
Grew half-lit?
Why do I seem to
Be drawn to the other side?
Is it because
Of beckoning pleasure
Because I see
What I think
Is the Sun once more?
Because I feel it's warmth?

I'm halfway through
But can't decide
Whether to embrace
Completely
The Sun's warmth
Or go back to familiar
Darkness. Semi-darkness now
And keep on waiting for a complete illumination.



Post a Comment

What is your view on this post?

Previous Post Next Post