Dear Bestie,

You're surprised I got this piece together especially when our friendship seems to be on rocks. I got it prepared the very day you walked into my life and this is the right time you should see it. It's been many years of friendship and we've got to that point where we are more of family than just best friends.

You remember when it was just the 'hello-hi' conversations and you tried keeping it short cos you didn't talk to strangers? With time we opened up to each other and the bond became tight. Getting to know we have a lot in common was the deal breaker.

 Ever since, you've been like a sibling to me and developed pet names for ourselves. Of course your greed got you the nicest pet name. People may say I have been zoned but sweedy does it really matter when it's all about you?

The crazy stuffs we do together whenever we are around each other makes me feel I can rob the World Bank with you as my accomplice. It would seem a very easy task cos you've always been the mastermind behind all the criminal stuff we've done: the free basket shopping spree at the mall which we ended up dropping the basket at the side of the last shelf. For crying out loud that was worth a 1000 Ghana Cedis but it was fun. Let's not talk of the free wine you kept going for.

I've come to love you with time. Despite our differences, we seem to be against the odds. Many a time we faced challenges in our friendship especially when we started revealing our secrets and got disappointed in each other. Those were difficult moments for us but you thought me one thing: Forgiveness is key. Transparency and Honesty is what has brought us this far.

People say best friends must date. It's kinda the norm. Actually best friends date and get married and all that but for some reasons known to just the two of us aside what the world knows, it can't be for us now. Oh yes! The masses believe we should but if it's God's will we would.

I hate to admit but it's the hard hidden truth: I felt betrayed when you hid your relationship from me till I forced it out of you. Couldn't imagine you did that after the vow we made to be transparent. Come to think of it, it deepened my love for you cos even while making such a decision, you had me in mind. You thought about my emotions.

I was really angry that day though and the truth is I do get jealous when you keep talking about your boo. I can only listen to you as you speak and support you cos I kinda pushed you into it while trying to hide my affection towards you.

Despite how jealous I get I still pray for you and ask God to take control. It's the best I can do as a bestie to support you. In moments like this, drifting, less communication and awkwardness may occur cos we are being careful not to hurt the other but sweetheart remember that what has brought us this far is consistent communication and our daily night prayers before we sleep.

You have been the most understanding person I've ever known aside mummy and daddy and you know me inside out like the single boxer of a guy. Nothing would hurt me more than losing our friendship cos of your relationship. I am not demanding much time from you cos you got a boo to attend to but don't forget that a bestie somewhere  still cares about you.

No matter what happens, we still going to hang out and if anyone has a problem with that, we should be sued. Daddy keeps asking of you and mum keeps teasing us. For my siblings, you already know, the least said the better. Nii and Naana also keep asking when you would come back for them. They can't wait any longer cos their hearts are growing fonder.

Dear bestie, I appreciate the love and support you've given me over the years. I've got just one thing for you: You are the best I ever had and I promise to put the past behind us and move on. For you, I would declare your birthday, World Best Friends Day. I'm glad you came my way and I promise to be there for you at all times like you do for me.



          I Love You Very Much Bestie.




Sgd,
Nii Bavard

(This piece is dedicated to my one and only best friend of all time, Dorothy Eviam a.k.a Baaba Bavard.)

Post a Comment

What is your view on this post?

Previous Post Next Post