Dear Dad,

It's been 4 years in the University already and I have barely 3 weeks to face the world. I've been in thoughts as to what life has for me after school. National Service is a short term thing so it's out of my list. I've been considering what if I'm not retained at my posting then what next?

"Driving is a goal for life and a skill for living" according to the Hierarchical Model For Driving and I am glad I have that skill and with time I have mastered the art just as you wanted it. A skill for living it is, and I was wondering if you would allow me to be a taxi driver?

Daddy, you've thought me over the years that nothing comes easy and even if money is on the tree, I still need some effort to pluck it. I therefore feel the need to start making some earnings from this skill while we try our luck on the coperate world.

Unfortunately, we live in a part of the world where certain jobs are deemed as unfit for graduates. I see nothing wrong with a graduate driving a taxi or a trotro. Besides, many of them drive organisational buses around to pick people to and from campus. So why would they be shy to bring that skill outside school to earn a living?

Imagine entering a trotro or taxi and the driver speaks very good English, you'd be pleased and willing to pay more, isn't it? You as a passenger can't even misbehave cos the driver has a degree just like you. If we had graduates on our roads, I mean well trained graduates, the level of indiscipline on our roads would reduce.

Branding is everything and how I brand myself as a taxi driver determines how much sales I am bound to make. We not talking about the suit and tie levels here. But other factors which would make a passenger not want to alight.

Dad, I don't know how you going to take this but I believe as an entrepreneur, I have got to take advantage of the little opportunities which surround me. Aside the traditional taxi, there is a modern one known as Uber and I can also go into it. As long as I'm not home idle depending much on you, I'm fine. I won't be in it for long but as time goes on, I can encourage many people to take my path.

The rest of the discussion would be after my last paper where we would have to deliberate on whether to use your Chrysler or mummy's V8 for the taxi business or better still, buying me a car😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

Your taxi driver son,
Nii Bavard

My dream taxi car

Post a Comment

What is your view on this post?

Previous Post Next Post