I saw this on Monday in a WhatsApp morning devotional message circulated in most groups I belong which became a topic of discussion.

Well, I don't stand with Otabil. Just needed your attention. Scrolling through my Facebook news feed this morning, something caught my attention and it questions whether it is wrong to talk about a Man of God when he seems to have gone wrong.

"Before you talk about my pastor, show me your achievement in life." This was a text in an Otabil image. I mean how?😎😎😎. Is that how far the anointing of the church has gone? To the level of now talking about achievements? Or is it now a glorification of pastors than God? I just hope the leaders of the church are not aware of the circulating image.

I want to believe standing with Otabil comes with standing with him cos of the Capital-UT Banks take over and not the supposed statement he made during a service (supposed because I haven't heard the audio). As an upcoming entrepreneur​, I find it sad for the former to befall the Man of God but the latter though questions to what extent should a man of God go with his speeches.

When the unfortunate happened and was announced a week ago, Ghanaian social media as usual was at its trolling best and never spared the two banks of which Otabil owns in reality 10% (if what I saw were right - 3% Otabil, 7% ICGC or vice versa).

Especially with Otabil, it raised concerns as to how this was happening since all Central University fees, a school which belongs to him also, are paid to the bank. It also rekindled the doubts and concerns of Ghanaians on the seed monies which went viral during the Greater Works and oh yeah it gave some people the platform to question how he was not able to hold his bank as Board Chairman but has solutions to National Problems. Basically that was it.



I don't want to think for Otabil not knowing what perspective he came from for which he said what he said, some say it is to the opposition party NDC while others say it is to Ghanaian social media trollers, however, no matter what happened, I strongly believe there was a better way to go about it. Just like me, many Ghanaians are asking if a man of God never goes wrong. For me, I think whoever he was addressing, he had the timing wrong.

Ever since Pastor Otabil was criticised for his statement, some of his members have jumped to the defensive and have become more pompous I should say. Well I understand them. For ICGC to have a share in the bank and to be a member of the church, I think it's only fair we understand how they feel about their loss.

No one is perfect and yes, men of God do fall or fail at times cos they're humans but it doesn't mean they should feel all God cos of their achievements. I'm not here to criticise cos I haven't achieved anything in life but Pastor Otabil and his members should calm down.

To his members - stand with Otabil in prayer so that he is able to go through all these.

Achievements? All these are materialistic. Otabil is not God😏😏😏

Post a Comment

What is your view on this post?

Previous Post Next Post