Sometimes, you wonder why it's necessary for you to fall in what we call LOVE and getting yourself hurt because you gave in your all and disappointment stares at you in the face at the latter all in the name of experience .... owh... sorry for my manners. Well ...I'm  JiLomet Abena Agyapong, a 22 year old final-year Journalism student at Ghana Institute of Journalism ( GIJ ), watching movies indoors is treasure to me than going out to party, I'm not the shy type at all too oo "hw3"  and I'm fun to be with even though I'm an " indoorholic", being the crazy and risk taking type has earned me lots of friends especially males of which my dearest boyfriend Joojo does not like; "Jealousy".


Well, Joojo is every girl's dream boyfriend, I wouldn't say he is a perfect boyfriend but he is just what I want, his handsomeness blows my mind that I don't mind stealing glances at him when we are together. Sometimes I wonder what at all made a hot guy like Joojo fall in love with an ordinary girl like me, well, that's no news, is it?


It was already 12:30 pm when the last lesson had ended and my "king" was already waiting for me outside campus in an uber so we go for lunch at our usual "Azimera's Kitchen". He worked at the Media General with Tv3 so we were kinda close. As I approached, he had smiles all over his face as he scanned me lustfully in my wine off-shoulders top, with a black high waist jeans he had bought me and I knew I was killing him softly with my curves. "Mr. Curtis Joojo Hanson, what at all are you staring at?" I snapped at him teasingly as he chuckled showing a white set of teeth that alone made my heart skip a beat. The thoughts that were flooding my mind dier hmm.


On our way, there was this awkward silence and it looked like he was gathering up courage to tell me something, I slowly slipped my hands in his and softly asked "hey, anything wrong? Wanna tell me something?" "Uh.....no,  it's nothing, I'm cool" he replied. I had no other option than to believe that everything was alright. It had been 5 months already since Kevin and I parted ways and exactly 3 months Joojo and I got into a relationship. Kevin was my first love and boyfriend. I had not been in any relationship till I was 18 when I accepted to be his girlfriend, you can imagine the love I showed this guy, but after sometime things got rough between us and here I am with Joojo. "Abena, Abena!" Joojo snapped his fingers at me "yeah! Oh ....sorry, errm pls I'll take Jollof with fried plantain wai with mango juice as well" I smiled at the waitress and turned to Joojo to apologise for being absent-minded. We were having our normal chat and were served our meals but Joojo asked to be excused to visit the washroom leaving me at the table all by myself. I raised my glass of mango juice to drink when I saw a few metres away from me someone that made me choke and cough loud that got everyone around look at me with concern.

 To be continued...

      Written by : Venus Oye         

Post a Comment

What is your view on this post?

Previous Post Next Post