This should have come long ago but due to busy schedules. What prompted me to copy this post from my Facebook page to my blog is because I feel this needs to settled as soon as possible.

In a quest to get to Accra from Cape Coast, I'm caught in a situation I've so regretted being in. Though this is an old post, it's been  modified to fit my current position.
So now that I have your attention and got enough time to spare lemme talk about this.

Late 2017, I think in November, I had to be in Accra so instead of picking a Sprinter by the road side which I do sometimes, I decided to go for Metro Mass.

The available bus was a Mahama bus ( the one with pictures of former heads of states including himself which the NPP have scraped off) pictured below.

Truth be told, I was excited cos it's spacious. So I joined and decided to sit in the opposite position so I can watch the fine girls, the ugly boys and the sleeping heads🤣🤣🤣.

The journey took us 3 hours from Cape Coast to Accra. A journey which will take Ford 30 minutes to cover if the spirit descends or 20 minutes for a Sprinter without those useless stops. Well, we spent 3 hours.

As though I didn't care, I picked it again while returning to Cape Coast and this time it took us 4  hours - left Accra at 5pm and got to Cape Coast at 9pm, the 4 hours was even half the journey since it was actually a Takoradi bound bus. I've since then resorted to boarding VIP BUSES heading for Takoradi.

This is it. The buses you see in the images are meant for short distances like the Aayalolo buses. They are intra-city buses which are being used for Inter-city operations.

Mahama Bus

Hence, drivers can't speed for long else they will spoil the engine. It's disturbing how resources are being misused and the need for government to replace engines when the cars break down.

So what happened to the many orange buses in the yard of Metro Mass at Kaneshie? Are they going to be discarded because they can't be repaired? What will it change if they ain't repaired and these ones also break down?

Appropriation and allocation of resources for their intended purpose, go a long way in helping national development.

I can't be spending my whole life being on a journey which takes eternity when it should take a maximum of 2 hours without traffic.

Mahama buses should stop embarking intercity trips. Thank you

NB: please if you never traveled in any of the Metro Mass buses and therefore can't relate, please don't comment.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Post a Comment

What is your view on this post?

Previous Post Next Post