On June 6 2018, the entire nation stood still, and it wasn't to watch a Solar Eclipse. Anas Aremeyaw Anas was set to premiere an investigative piece that would shake football in the country to the ground. Everyone headed to the Accra International Conference Centre, the venue for the premiere to see the main character, the Godfather himself, Mr. Kwesi Nyantakyi in action.

Now, personally, It didn't come as a shock to me and I believe many of you felt the same. The only surprising thing for me was the fact that Mr Kwesi Nyantakyi had a very huge pocket. I wonder who his tailor is though? Anyway, like i was saying, it didn't come as a shock when Anas announced he has prepared an exposè to unearth the rot within the GFA ( Ghana Football Association).

The Football Administrative body for the country became an ememy of many football lovers after their shambolic campaign at the 2014 Fifa World Cup held in Brazil. Many people called for the head of Nyantakyi but being the "Godfather" that he is, he "Mafia'd" his way through the angry "Mob". [Did you get that? I really hope you did].

After the Number 12 exposè, many people have called for the prosecution of all those implicated. Government has also put plans in place to dissolve the current GFA so that all the rot within the institution would be cleared. Now here is the part i don't like, FIFA has sent a letter to the Government telling them not to continue with the legal processes towards GFA otherwise, they [Fifa] will ban us. FIFA has this "No Government Meddling" policy which bores me eerh, but anyway, who am I to complain?

My question however is, When Fifa bans us, does that mean Ghana won't get to Play Fifa 19? If getting banned will mean that, then Government please don't prosecute them. The thought of me not using Ronaldo in Juventus is killing me. If this ban happens, think about all the tournaments your lovely citizens will miss, Do you think Sarkodie would be able to shout in the face of someone's child, "Wontumi Me!!!!" if we are banned?

Now all I ask is that help me sign a petition to the President so that he understands that we get that he wants us to be Citizens and not Spectators, but for the sake of Fifa 19, we want to be Players and not banners. [I get it, it is nonfa, but is it your Nonfa?]. We can do this, Ghanaian Fifa 19 community needs us #SaveFifa19.




Post a Comment

What is your view on this post?

Previous Post Next Post