Dear Heart,

Today is 31st August and I hope it rings a bell. If it doesn't, let me give you a quick flash back.

We became friends and gradually graduated to really best friends. We were really cool and everyone thought we were siblings cos our names were the masculine-feminine names like twins. You remember the name-merge in our letters and texts? The hangouts and prayer times?

You could hold it no more so on your behalf I told her how you felt about her. Like it was the best decision we ever took as a duo, her response was affirmative and we were sure it was a step forward to something great. But then we decided to hold on since we were just about going to school and had some real aims.

Somewhere down memory lane, she began avoiding us and it was devastating as I watched you bleed profusely. She was being taken away from us and we could do nothing but just watch her go. Whatever happened between then and now is for memories to take away to eternity.

I hope we learnt our lessons the hard way. Since then, it's been a few healthy crushes here and there without harm. Many friendships got tighter cos I managed to control you. I want to make an appeal.

Please never fall in love, at least not till I am really ready to pay for the damages. I am young and free and want to enjoy my youth as a young man without getting committed to one person now. I want to be free talking to other ladies and relate to all equally.

I want to be able to concentrate on whatever I do. This economy is too hard to be concentrating on studies and be thinking of her. It's either you pass one or fail both. She is eventually going to leave me if I come out a failure in academics.

I want to wake up every morning without thinking of one particular person. I don't want to necessarily call one particular person every night before I sleep.

I want to be able to update my profile pictures and dps without thinking of future answers to WAEC-like questions. My status shouldn't be a rise up call to interrogations.

Dear heart, I believe it would be in our best interest if you reason with me. Many beautiful girls would come around. We would have fun and share stuff but don't fall in love with any of them. They are mere crushes and they don't last a month of dating.

Let's have fun with my friends and write more. We work at making ourselves better in future. When the time is right to allow someone into my life, I would make you aware but till then the password to you is ###############################.

Allow access only to the lady who is able to decode that password. Till then it's a single forever heart from a mindful master to you my heart.

Your Single Master,

Nii Bavard

Post a Comment

What is your view on this post?

Previous Post Next Post